Join a growing trend and follow your fitness affordably with this new and cheap fitness activity tracker.
We all know how important it is to remain fit and healthy, but it can be difficult to know exactly what you are achieving. You can certainly go for a run or a brisk walk, but what about all of the other things that you do throughout the day? Well, wonder no more. Our fitness activity tracker will take the guesswork out of your daily exercise regime. Simply pair it with your mobile device and you are on your way to better health.
But it does much more than just track your movement.
- Count your daily steps
- Measure the distance you have travelled
- Know how many calories you have burned
- Get insights into your sleep patterns
- Manage events, such as when to take medication, meetings and appointments
- Call and message reminders
- Tell the time the old fashioned way without your phone
- Anti-lost feature with positive and negative direction
- Vibration alarm
- Weatherproof to IP67
Please note the following points:
- These are rated to IP67 which makes them waterproof to some degree. You can use them outdoors in rain or while washing your hands, but it is recommended that you do not submerge them in water.
- Older models. The display does not remain illuminated all of the time. It is designed to only show you the time, steps and so forth when you press the button on the side. It is designed this way to prevent the battery draining too fast.
- When using the app you are required to refresh the screen on the phone or tablet to get updated information. You can complete this task by dragging down on the screen. In other words, you won’t see step one, two, three on the phone while you are walking, but it will show the current steps when you refresh, which takes mere seconds.
- Band falling off… The clasp on the band is the same as many other fitness bands, including the ones in the $100 price range. They are a simple clasp which pushes through the holes in the band. People with smaller wrists may notice that it will unhook when bumped or brushed against something. This is because the very end of the band sits out rather than flat due to a tighter circle around the wrist. People with a larger wrist won’t notice this problem. To solve this we recommend purchasing band bandits, or on eBay searching for FITBIT Charge HR TW64 Security. This cheap and affordable product wraps around both bands securing the band in place. It works with all fitness trackers from Fitbit down to the TW64. We currently don’t stoc them, but they are generally less than $2 each.
This is the perfect companion for your smart phone. Even if you are not interested in fitness, this smart little fitness activity tracker does so much more than just track your fitness.
The band is made out of TPU Polymer composite materials. This provides comfort, reduced weight and adds durability. This space age material is as light as a feather, comes in a variety of different colors, and will never fade. Get a unique color and stand out, or go for a more traditional color. The choice is yours.
Connect to your mobile device with Bluetooth 4.0BLE
The screen is OLED 64*32, providing high quality with a minimalistic design
IOS 6.1+ and Android 4.3+
Battery normally lasts for between 3 and 7 days on a full charge, and for approximately one month on standby, with a full charge.
Don’t delay and get your fitness activity tracker now. Perfect for yourself, family or friends.
Please note: The most common problem faced by people is getting their phone to connect to the device. We have an extensive troubleshooter throughout the listing. First thing you should do is make sure that the device screen is on when trying to establish a connection. This will almost always solve the problem.
Which app to use for the TW64 fitness activity tracker?
The TW64 fitness activity tracker comes with three possible apps, and it all depends on the tracker that the supplier sends us which app works with your device. For this reason we highly recommend that you read the owners manual to see which of the two apps are compatible with your TW64 fitness activity tracker. Will outline the three different apps.
Veryfit 2.0 (current stock use this app) Demo video below
Following the success of the Veryfit app, the manufacturers of the wristbands decided to develop a new and better app to enhance user experience. The result is the Veryfit 2.0 app.
Similar to the original Veryfit app, the 2.0 version, but with a much more improved user interface. There have also reportedly been improvements in quality and reliability. The band now features gesture control, so when you move your hand up to tell the time the display will automatically display the time without the need to press the button. It requires IOS 7+ and Android 4.3+
As with other apps you may experience connection problems from time to time. To resolve this problem simply turn the Bluetooth on your phone or tablet off, wait a few seconds and then turn it back on again. Try connecting again. If it fails restart your phone and retry the connection process once more. If both of these attempts fail remove the app from the phone and reinstall it again.
It’s also worth noting that you should try the connection away from any other Bluetooth enabled device. I have had reports of users facing connection problems, but the wristband has already made a connection with another device in the room and prevented a connection with the phone that was attempting to connect with it. Also try connecting your phone to another Bluetooth enabled device such as another phone or Bluetooth speaker. This will eliminate that the phone is the problem. iPhone 4 users should note that the version of Bluetooth used in the older iPones is not compatible with Bluetooth 4.
Some users have reported that the downloaded app from the developers website works better than the one from Google Play. If you continue to have problems with the Google Play store app try scanning the QR code that comes with the instruction manual. It’s possible that the developers push updates to their website app before the Google Play store.
Please note the following
This model has been vastly improved over previous models. One of the improvements is gesture control. You will notice that as you move your hand about the display will light up. This is not a fault of the device, but a design improvement. It is designed to enable you to tell the time without the need for pressing the button. It will illuminate the display as you gesture it towards your face, but it will also illuminate as you move about. It doesn’t yet have the intelligence to distinguish between motioning towards the face and general motions. This feature had a negligible impact on the battery life.
The VeryFit app for both Apple and Android was one of the newest app provided by the makers of the wristband. It’s far more stable and relaible than the older MovNow app that was distributed with older versions. A lot of thought and work has gone into this app and it shows. It’s simple to use, looks good and most importantly, it’s reliable. The developers seem to be keeping the app up to date with regular updates. Please check if it is available for your device before purchase
Download link for Android https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ks.wristband&hl=en
This is the newer of the two apps, and has the better store rating. It’s translated better, quicker to sign up to, and more reliable. Because of the reliability of this app we will endeavour to only get the devices that are compatible with this app. However, failing that we will have the trackers that use the below app, Movnow Plus.
Although it is better, there are some small and very rare problems that you may encounter from time to time. If the Bluetooth fails to sync or bind it is recommended to turn the Bluetooth on your phone off and on again. In most situations this will solve the problem. Requires Android 4.3+
Apple IOS9 users – Problem has been fixed
Download link for IOS https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/veryfit/id934772781?mt=8
We mentioned previously that there was a major problem with IOS9 compatability with the Apple app. That problem has been fixed and it works very perfectly now. Syncing and binding of the Apple device and the bracelet is flawless, and the information, including battery charge sync beautifully.
It is worth noting that even if you are unable to get it to work with a phone or tablet, you can still use it to measure steps, calories burnt, how much sleep you have had and how far you have walked. The OLED display on the wristband provides this information with a push of the button on the side of the tracker. Some features, such as call and SMS reminders, and meal and appointment reminders will not work without a connection to a mobile phone or tablet. Requires IOS 7+
When trying to pair you get operation failed:
- Make sure that you have Android 4.3+ or IOS 7+
- Retry the pairing again. Wait a few seconds and then try. Sometimes it will need a few tries before it will successfully connect
- Make sure that there are no other devices with Bluetooth nearby. If another device has connected to the tracker without your knowledge nothing else will be able to connect.
- Turn off the Bluetooth on the phone or tablet. Wait about 30 seconds and turn the Bluetooth back on. Retry the connection.
- Restart the phone or tablet
- Delete and reinstall the app.
At each step try a few times to establish the connection. My personal experience using different phones has shown that sometimes the tracker will give my phone a cold shoulder, but after a few tries it forgives and connects. I haven’t yet come across a tracker that I haven’t been able to connect to one of my phones or tablets.
Feel free to send me a message if you need any further help. I’m always willing to offer support.
This app was the second app that the developers of the trackers made. It’s worth pointing out that there are two Movnow apps in the Play store. The first, simply titled Movnow was the first and will not work. Please only download the plus version.
While the app rating isn’t very good, we have compiled a trouble shooting guide below that will see you through any problems with your device. I personally have one of these versions and it has not let me down once.
Movnow Plus troubleshooting (the Android app)
Whilst the tracker doesn’t actually require the available app to work correctly, some users have found problems with the app and the device which are easy to solve.
Connection and account creation problems:
1. Please ensure that you have the correct app installed. There are two movnow apps in the Android market, Movnow and Movnow Plus. Ensure you download the Movnow Plus app (see image). Follow this link to the Google Play store Movnow Plus app.
2. When you enter your email address please make sure there are no trailing spaces. This can happen with predictive text. Selecting your email address from the keyboard option will place a space after the address, which will give an error message. Simple either type the address out in full, or select it and hit the backspace.
Can not pair the device
Please ensure both the phone and tracker are charged, and you are not charging the tracker while trying to sync. If connection fails, move the phone and tracker closer together and try syncing again.
Ensure you are using the correct version of the app (Movnow Plus).
Please make sure that Bluetooth is enabled on your phone.
Bluetooth connection failure
The Bluetooth connection is a comonly mentioned problem, but an easy one to solve. The first step to try is go into the app and pull down to refresh the sync. Under most circumstances this will solve the connection problem. If this fails tap on the quick connect in the app. If this fails there could be a problem with the connection on the mobile. Go to the mobile and disable the Bluetooth for between 5 and 10 seconds and re-enable it. Try connecting again. By this stage most connection problems will be solved. If you are still having problems some people have reported deleting the app and reinstalling it solves the problem, but this is something that I have never had to do.
Inaccurate steps counting
We must point out that the activity tracker, like all fitness activity trackers, is a pedometer. It doesn’t use GPS or other advanced technologies to detect your movements. It uses vibrations from movement to determine your steps. As with all pedometers, there is a degree of inaccuracy in the measurements.
Pedometers detect small movements as steps. These movements can be, and are often steps, but can also be bumps on a road or using your hand for simple tasks. We have tested its accuracy against the leading brand in the market, Fitbit, and the step counts were almost identical to the Fitbit (within .05% of what the Fitbit was detecting as movement). This is a problem faced by all pedometers, and not just this particular one, and as we managed to prove by wearing both trackers on the same arm for 2 days, they are as accurate as a Fitbit.
In using the tracker and app on an iPhone we have not found there to be any problems as described above. This seems to be a problem more specific to some Androids, and are nearly always easy to solve. Since I was able to update my own Android firmware to 4.4 I have been using it myself with huge satisfaction.
Please note. Due to different settings on different monitors the actual colour might not exactly match what you are seeing.
Known problem (not fatal!)
When allowed to go completely flat the TW64 may go blank after being charged again. It will not have any display and will not connect to any device. If this happens please allow the tracker to sit for a few days to completely drain again. Once this has happened place it on the charger again and allow to fully charge once more. When it’s fully charged (approximately 30 minutes) remove from the charger and use it as normal. It will be working 100 percent again. Avoiding this problem is simple. Try to keep it charged at all times.
- TW64 Activity tracker
- USB charging lead
- Instruction manual